Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ammonite



These pictures were taken of me by my good friend Janice, who journeyed up to visit me from New Jersey to New Haven, CT, where I was participating in our annual "Open Studios".
She has a rather spiffy i-phone and took these images of me at work on my large-scale "ammonite" pillow, based on Beth Skwarecki's brilliant design "Nautie"(see Knitty.com for pattern). I am using absolutely GORGEOUS sea green/blue thick and thin yarn, hand spun and dyed at Done Rovin' farms in Maine. I really like these pix, which is no mean feat as I am notoriously unphotogenic, and have a huge head cold, swollen jowls, and generally feel pretty shirty all-round.
I ran out of cotton balls for stuffing, so had to stop mid way on Sunday.
Too bad, knitting is PERFECT for such events,
and puts the nervous public at ease as they enter one's work space.....

No comments: