Saturday, December 11, 2010

The perfect Coat....

I love this coat by Koos Van Der Akker, available as a Vogue sewing pattern!
See here for details on the pattern.

I saw this and laughed- it is terriffic and is missing just one thing to make it a truly great look: knitted accessories.

This coat is the perfect foil (and vice-versa) for the crocodylia scarf,
and a pair of really smashing fingerless mitts.

Winter time means a lot of rather boring bundling up and facing chilly winds. It gets old really fast, but I am thinking that a smart, quirky ensemble might just keep a grin on my face as I brave the great outdoors...

However, this is "dream sewing"- I don't actually have time and between work and the holidays there is SOOOOOO much to do, none of which includes embarking on big sewing projects.

The Crocodylia scarves on Ravelry look so great- I am just delighted and amazed. I am hoping to actually see someone walking down the street wearing one!

I made a chunky cashmere eggplant colored one for my Mom- looks great on her,
but the drape is a bit too, well, drapey. The stiffer wool version is still better, more sculptural....

No comments: