Monday, April 27, 2009

Yarn theory is up and open!

Finally!
we opened on Saturday to a packed house.
I cannot tell you how hot and humid it was in the gallery- many spilled out onto the street to catch the cool air (thereby drawing even more people in)...
I think that must be a record number of visitors for PS122 gallery- usually the exhibits have fewer artists, so the draw isn't as wide....
I confess to being exhausted and glad when I got to curl into bed that night. Putting on exhibits is very rewarding, but quite a lot of work- I feel very responsible for all of the artists involved and want them all to be happy, their work to be beautifully displayed and safe, etc.
If one goes to visit the exhibit blog a PDF of the catalog is available for home printing. I am proud of what we were able to acheive on such a tiny budget-
this catalog being a prime example...
get your own at: http://ps122gallery.wordpress.com/

No comments: