Saturday, July 7, 2007

nautie by nature....




Here she is!
My finished nautie!
The eyes are larger than those specified in the original pattern.
I am traveling now, so am making do with what is at hand, which happened to be these particular buttons, lurking in my travel sewing kit.
I justify this aesthetically by thinking that it gives an appropriately large, light-deprived eye for an animal that lived in the profound primordial depths of the cretaceous sea.
Also, the right scary/cute Japanese anime quality.
One worry:
Aren’t buttons a choking hazard?
Can I safely give this to a baby, especially the baby of a beloved friend?
I DID sew them on extra tight and well, but I know babies can be strong, willful and persistent when it comes to self-endangerment…
I have started a mate for her, one with a blue ribbed (ooh la la !) shell and red body…

No comments: